Shopping with a Conscience
100% of the profits from sales are reinvested
to fund academic and poverty-reduction projects in Nomathamsanqa, South Africa
Buy one, buy two, buy three, or join the Molly's Dollies Posse!
What are Molly's Dollies? And what is the Molly's Dollies Posse? Great questions. Molly's Dollies were born in Molly Blackburn, an informal settlement in South Africa. As part of a Universal Promise crafting initiative, artists put a personal spin on each dolly, each a symbol of strength, perseverance, and independence. The artists considered each touch - hair, dress, beaded arms - as a reflection of their own personality, and most creations come with a handwritten card from the crafter herself or himself. All profits will be reinvested in the program and in local education. Because we believe in only home- and school-based programs, your purchase will affect each crafter's ability to support family members with whom she or he lives. By the way, we will select your dolly or dollies for you, so we hope you like surprises. Here's to Molly's Dollies, those who created them, those who purchase them, and the families who will be enhanced because of them. Thank you!
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOINING
It's all good.
MOLLY'S DOLLIES are named in honor of an underserved neighborhood in Nomathamsanqa, South Africa. The full name of the neighborhood is Molly Blackburn, who was an anti-apartheid activist during the now illegal South African government system of oppression and separation.
Molly's Dollies are crafted by the members of our Ilizwe EmPOWERment Program and are awesome symbols of women's empowerment, individuality, and financial freedom. If you are in support of all three, consider joining the Molly's Dollies Posse. What does that entail?
1) You agree to purchase 10 Molly's Dollies.
2) We send you 10 dollies and an extra one for gratitude and good karma.
3) You give them out as gifts: rearview mirror hangings, Christmas ornaments, reminders of women's strength and uniqueness.
4) You encourage recipients to buy an additional 10, direct them to this site, and the movement is full on.
5) 100% of the profits will return to Ilizwe EmPOWERment for salaries, career-training, and crafting supplies, as well as to local schools.
THE POSSE MEMBERS THUS FAR
Martha T. Cummings
Sarah L. Klett